Do Not Hire Registry
The 86th Texas Legislature passed House Bill 3 to further protect the safety and welfare of Texas students by:
• Requiring schools to report to TEA when there is evidence that a non-certified employee abused or was involved in an inappropriate relationship with a student or minor and,
• Creating a registry of individuals who are not eligible for hire in a Texas public school based on misconduct or criminal history
外国成人视频The Do Not Hire Registry, officially known as the Registry of Persons Not Eligible for Employment in Public Schools, is now available to the public. Therefore, the public may search the Registry website by entering a first and last name of an individual to determine their employment eligibility. The website will also list non-certified individuals who are under investigation.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will the Registry website return results for all individuals who are determined to be not eligible for employment in a public school?
Yes, pursuant to Texas Education Code §22.092, the Registry will list all individuals who have been determined to be ineligible for employment in a Texas school district, district of innovation, charter school, regional education service center, or shared service arrangement. The Registry includes non-certified employees who were determined by the Commissioner to be ineligible, individuals with certain criminal history referenced in TEC §22.092, and individuals whose teaching certificate was revoked by the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) for abuse or inappropriate relationship with a student or minor.
2. Does the Registry website indicate whether an SBEC certified educator is under investigation?
No. The Registry website will only list non-certified individuals who are under investigation for allegations that the individual abused or was involved in an inappropriate relationship with a student or minor. To obtain information about the certificate status and disciplinary action against an SBEC certificate holder, it is recommended the public search the Official Record of Educator Certificate.
3. Will the Registry website indicate if a non-certified employee was under investigation at one time, but later “cleared” because the facts obtained during the investigation did not justify their placement on the Registry?
No, the website will only indicate whether a person is currently "Under Investigation" or "Not Eligible for Hire." If a person was “cleared and the case was closed,” the website will return a message that says, “No Records Match the search criteria.” This is the same message that will be returned if the person was never under investigation.
The Registry Status definitions are as follows:
Not Eligible For Hire外国成人视频 - The individual is not eligible to be employed by a public school and may not be hired in any role.
Under Investigation - Pursuant to TEC §22.094, a non-certified外国成人视频 employee is currently under investigation by TEA based on allegations that the individual abused or was involved in an inappropriate relationship with a student or minor. The notation means the matter is ongoing and the individual’s eligibility for employment has not yet been determined.
Date on Registry-外国成人视频 Represents the date an individual was found to be not eligible for employment in a public school. The earliest date listed will be January 2, 2020, which was the date the Registry was launched.
Approximate Age 外国成人视频– Calculated as the number of years between the current year and the person’s birth year.
Note: Google Chrome is the required browser for the Do Not Hire Registry.