Welcome and Overview
外国成人视频The Texas Education Agency is the state agency that oversees primary and secondary public education in the state of Texas. It helps deliver education to more than 5 million students.
The Texas Education Agency will improve outcomes for all public school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.
The head of the TEA is the Commissioner of Education, who is supported by a hierarchy of a chief deputy commissioner, a deputy commissioner, associate commissioners, division directors, and agency staff. The TEA Organizational Chart (PDF) illustrates agency hierarchy. You can find more information about agency divisions on the TEA Divisions page. The TEA, the State Board of Education (SBOE) and the State Board for Educator Certification外国成人视频 guide and monitor activities and programs related to public education in Texas. The SBOE consists of 15 elected members representing different regions of the state. The governor appoints the chair of the board from among the 15 elected members. SBEC consists of 11 appointed voting members and three appointed non-voting members.
Roles & Responsibilities
, TEA, under the leadership of the commissioner of education, carries out the following functions:
- Administers the distribution of state and federal funding to public schools
- Administers the statewide assessment program and accountability system
- Provides support to the State Board of Education (SBOE) in the development of the statewide curriculum
- Assists the SBOE in the instructional materials adoption process and managing the instructional materials distribution process
- Administers a data collection system on public school information
- Performs the administrative functions and services of the State Board for Educator Certification
- Supports agency operations, including carrying out duties related to the Permanent School Fund
- Monitors for compliance with certain federal and state guidelines.
外国成人视频The TEA operational costs are supported by both state and federal funds. TEA periodically produces a strategic plan and a customer satisfaction survey to help it determine if it is carrying out its duties appropriately.
Location and Contact InformationTEA Organizational Chart
TEA is in the William B. Travis building at 1701 N. Congress Ave. Detailed contact information is listed on the Contact Us page of this website.